PAY WITH BITCOIN AND GET A SPECIAL OFFER
How do I pay a BitPay merchant?/How do I pay a BitPay invoice?
Step 1. Get your wallet ready
- Make sure you have a compatible wallet.
- Create a wallet. (How to create a BitPay Wallet)
- Send some cryptocurrency to your wallet.
Step 2. Pay the BitPay Invoice
There are three ways to pay a BitPay invoice:
Option A. Scan the QR Code
Scan the QR code to open the payment in your mobile wallet. Your wallet will lock in with the correct cryptocurrency address and sending amount. Then, make the payment.
Option B. Send the Payment Manually
Copy the payment URL beginning with the following from the invoice:
- bitcoin:?r=https:// for Bitcoin.
- bitcoin cash:?r=https:// for Bitcoin Cash.
- ethereum:?r=https:// for Ethereum.
- Note: The Ethereum payment URL format will only display when scanning the QR code to facilitate easier pasting into dApp browsers.
Next, paste the payment URL into your wallet’s Send screen. Confirm your payment details, then send the payment.
Option C. Open the Payment In Your Wallet
If your wallet is on the device you’re using to view the invoice, you can open the payment in your wallet by tapping Open in the wallet. Confirm everything is correct, and then send the payment from your wallet.
Option D. Pay from a Peer-to-Peer wallet (P2P) or exchange
If you choose to pay from a peer-to-peer wallet, you will be able to copy and paste the receiving address and exact amount to send.
Notes about BitPay invoices:
- You’ll see the payment reflected on the invoice instantly when you hit “Send” in your wallet.
- Remember to send your payment during the 15-minute payment window.
- BitPay only guarantees the fixed cryptocurrency price for this time period.
Why does BitPay suggest payments via Payment Protocol?
- Payment Protocol makes sure the cryptocurrency you send is exactly the right amount. It also makes sure you include a high enough fee for the network to confirm your transaction.
- No mispayments! With Payment Protocol, you don’t need to worry about failed payments, delayed orders, or dealing with refunds.
- Payment Protocol also adds new security to payments, protecting you from sending payments to imposters or attackers.
Have more questions?
You can buy Bitcoin with fiat currencies, such as USD, and also with other cryptocurrencies.
From our website
- Visit our official Buy Bitcoin page.
- Select the currency you want to buy.
- Choose whether you want to buy in USD or any other local currency, and enter the amount.
- Carefully review then add your wallet address and click Continue.
- Complete the purchase process by creating an account and providing your payment details.
From the Bitcoin.com Wallet
- Open the Bitcoin.com wallet app on your device.
- Tap the green “Buy” button if you want to buy Bitcoin Cash (BCH), or tap the orange “Buy” button if you want to buy Bitcoin (BTC)
- Follow on-screen instructions to deposit coins to your preferred wallet
- You will be prompted to verify your identity
- Once complete, your purchase will proceed
- After your first purchase which includes identification verification, future purchases are even faster!
From our peer-to-peer trading platform (BCH only)
- Visit Local.Bitcoin.com and create an account.
- Find an existing seller looking to sell Bitcoin Cash (BCH) or create a new buy order yourself.
- Open a trade with your chosen seller and they’ll send the BCH to the blind escrow account.
- Once you’ve sent the agreed payment via bank transfer or another payment method, the seller will confirm they’ve received the funds.
- The BCH you’ve bought will then be released from the blind escrow and sent to your digital wallet.
From a cryptocurrency exchange
- Visit a cryptocurrency exchange.
- Create an account and verify your identity as required.
- Follow the website’s instructions to buy your Bitcoin Cash (BCH) or Bitcoin (BTC).
- Your coins will appear in the exchange’s wallet connected to your exchange account.
- Finally, move your Bitcoin to your personal wallet to keep it more secure.